This year, Great Forest held dozens of Earth Day events across the country to raise awareness about recycling and sustainability.
- We built a plastic bag monster display for two buildings in New Jersey.
- Among the events in NYC was an Earth Day fair at Time Warner Center, which attracted over 1500 people in one afternoon.
- We reached almost as many kids as adults at the events with our fun games that tested recycling knowledge and eco skills.
- We distributed lots of educational materials and answered many, many questions about sustainability at work.
- We even squeezed in time to help our friends at the nonprofit Pure Earth/Blacksmith Institute raise awareness about the dangers of toxic pollution and the urgent need to clean up some of the world’s worst polluted places.
Here is a look at some of the events: