Early spring is a great time to do an annual cleaning of your building or office space. Here are some tips to ensure your efforts are good for you and the environment.
- Declutter your file cabinets of old paperwork, making sure to have your recycling bin handy. Reuse folders and binders instead of tossing them.
- Broken or outdated electronic equipment collect dust and risk getting tossed in the trash. Properly recycle these items through your building’s e-waste program, or call Great Forest if you’re not sure how to dispose of equipment.
- Donate usable office equipment and supplies to an organization or school.
- Commercial cleaning companies can find healthy and environment-friendly cleaning products from many suppliers. LEED standards award points for using green cleaning products. After all, spring is in the air but chemicals don’t have to be.
- Purify the air with plants. Many plants cleanse the air of chemicals such as formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and others that are harmful to humans. Try peace lily, bamboo palm or mums to name a few. Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you can have a green office.