A group of 14 residential communities.
By utilizing innovative technology (waste sensors), Great Forest was able to capture more accurate data at the properties. Great Forest used the data to right-size equipment and service levels to achieve a 14 percent decrease in waste costs, and improve service.
The client came to Great Forest because they were unsatisfied with their waste hauler. The client felt that they were paying too much for service and that the waste hauler was over-servicing the properties.
Great Forest took the following steps to provide a comprehensive waste hauling solution for the client.
- Great Forest turned to a high-tech solution, installing 175 smart wireless waste sensors across the properties' waste dumpsters.
- The sensors were able to deliver real-time, accurate data on fullness and contamination levels that was accessible online. For the first time, the client was able to see that some of their dumpsters were being picked up half full.
- Using the data, Great Forest was able to decrease the frequency of pickups for the identified half-filled dumpsters.
- Further analysis of the data by the Great Forest team revealed patterns in service disruptions. With this verified data, Great Forest was able to work with the hauler to make improvements.
- The client saw its waste costs decrease by 14 percent through the optimization of service.
- The verified data provided by the sensors enabled Great Forest to demand more accountability from the waste hauler and improve service.
- Overall, the changes made the client's waste program more measurable and efficient for their properties.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org