A large, state-of-the-art corporate tech campus
The tech campus was sprawling, and not planned with waste in mind. Great Forest worked to right-size and optimize waste equipment and pickup schedules, and consolidate waste equipment in the best locations to minimize waste transport. This resulted in lower waste hauling costs, less spills and trash overflows, and made the best use of the space available.
The waste removal process at the sprawling campus was inefficient because:
- Waste was being hauled at various times/days.
- The janitorial team had to move waste over long distances to reach waste processing equipment.
- The many pieces of waste equipment were taking up valuable space.
- Great Forest analyzed the campus’s waste generation to determine areas for consolidation of equipment.
- Based on the analysis, Great Forest recommended sourcing 3 compactors and optimizing the service schedule (fewer pickups/week)
- Great Forest chose appropriate equipment vendors and worked with them and the on-site team to ensure that equipment was placed in positions that enabled easy truck access and optimized waste flow.
- Great Forest provided training for culinary and janitorial teams to safely utilize the new equipment.
- Lower hauling costs due to fewer hauls per week.
- More space for other value added activities. The campus decided to use the found space to implement a waste sorting program for increased waste diversion.
- Better sanitation and hygiene because compacted waste is less likely to spill, fall, or spread during handling and storage.
Questions? Contact email@example.com