If your commercial office building or business is planning a lighting upgrade, you can’t beat LED lighting.
According to the Energy Star website, LED commercial light fixtures offer an unprecedented opportunity to save energy, maintenance and cooling costs and is a natural fit for cutting-edge renovation, new construction projects, or easy retrofits.
- Reduces energy costs – uses at least 75% less energy than incandescent lighting, saving on operating expenses.
- Reduces maintenance costs – lasts 35 to 50 times longer than incandescent lighting and about 2 to 5 times longer than fluorescent lighting. No bulb-replacements, no ladders, no ongoing disposal program.
- Reduces cooling costs – LEDs produce very little heat.
- Is guaranteed – comes with a minimum three-year warranty – far beyond the industry standard.
- Offers convenient features – available with dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on some outdoor models.
- Is durable – won’t break like a bulb.
As with any new technology, research a product extensively before purchasing. If you perform a lighting upgrade, remember to recycle any fluorescent bulbs as they contain mercury and must be disposed of properly.