CONGRATULATIONS ON ANOTHER GREAT YEAR
2016 has been such an eventful year. What did we all accomplish together? Below is a short list of highlights. Happy holidays from the entire Great Forest team.
- The EPA incorporated Great Forest’s volume to weight (VTW) data into its updated industry standard for calculating waste and recycling weights from volume. For the first time, businesses across industries have an acceptable standard they can use.
- Great Forest clients took up the challenge and won big, with The Peninsula hoteltopping the NYC Mayor’s Zero Waste Challenge.
- Kudos to First Potomac Realty Trust on their double wins at this year’s TOBY(The Outstanding Building of the Year) Awards!
- Great Forest won the “Social Butterfly” award honoring creativity in social media for our participation in the 2016 Daylight Hour movement, which reached over 10 million people worldwide.
- Our partnership with Recycle Across America is giving clients access to recycling stickers and labels with “superpowers.”
- Once again, we helped the Hotel Association of NYC identify the greenest, most socially-responsible hotels for the 2016 HANYC Sustainability Awards. See who the winners are.
- 2016 saw the launch of a series of special, customized online portals for clients. Do you need your own sustainability online resource? Just ask us.
- We began composting with veterans.
- We helped yet more clients avoid the landfill by donating for reuse. The Fairmont hotel in San Francisco even formed an ongoing partnership with the Salvation Army.
- Our insights on the economics of recycling and other issues continued to inform and give businesses that operational edge.
- We expanded our collection of useful guides, including this overview of new and emerging food waste technologies, and this handy guide to donating for reuse.