Congratulations! Winners of the 2016 HANYC Sustainability Awards were revealed in New York City on November 14, 2016 during HX: The Hotel Experience 2016, North America’s largest hospitality industry trade event.
Presented by the Hotel Association of New York City, the HANYC Sustainability Awards recognize and honor hotels leading the way in sustainability, and making a difference in their communities.
Winning hotels were selected by a panel of judges comprised of industry professionals, including representatives from the NYC Mayor’s office, the Department of Sanitation, NYIT’s Hospitality program, and sustainability experts. Great Forest continues to provide expert guidance in selecting the winners and growing the program in partnership with the HANYC.
Now in its third year, the HANYC Sustainability Awards remains a key champion of sustainability in the hospitality industry in NYC. Each year, insights from winning hotels offer an array of sustainable and socially responsible ideas that can be adopted by hotels anywhere.
The 2016 HANYC Sustainability Award Winners are:
- How Green Are NYC Hotels? 10 Insights From The Sustainability Awards
- Press Release: See 2014 HANYC Award Winners
- Press Release: See 2015 HANYC Award Winners
- Q&A With Hervé Houdré On The Search For NYC’s Greenest Hotels
- Headless Pineapples, Paper Hats and More Small Ways Hotels Go Green, SKIFT
- Hotel Sustainability – Top 3 Tips on Where to Begin