900 Third Avenue, New York, NY – LEED EB: O&M (Gold – Recertified)
- Awarded LEED Certified for LEED O+M: Existing Buildings (v2008) in 2011
- Recertification LEED Gold for LEED O+M: Existing Buildings (v2009) in 2013
Great Forest managed both the initial certification and the recertification process for Paramount Group’s 900 Third Avenue, a multi tenant building, which earned LEED Gold. It is one of only three buildings in NYC that have achieved recertification. Due to LEED performance enhancements, the project will have a simple payback period of 3.7 years, at which point the amount saved from efficiencies will match the amount spent on certification. Project work included:
- Implementation of waste and recycling initiatives that effectively diverted waste, achieving a diversion rate of 60%.
- Improved ENERGY STAR rating of 88 and water efficient fixtures that have brought usage levels to 36% below the LEED baseline.
- Waste audit, APPA cleaning audit